Why we love these Mimi & Co ORIGINALS 2.0 nappies.....
There are two common cloth nappy styles on the market, All-in-Twos (Ai2s) & Pocket Nappies. This modern cloth nappy design allows you to use both so you can have a play around and choose what works best for you.
One of the most important aspects of a great Modern Cloth Nappy is absorption. Too much absorption and babe will be uncomfortable; too little and you'll get leaks or having to change babe every hour. The Mimi & Co Inserts are designed to offer the most amount of absorbency whilst maintaining a slim, comfortable and flexible fit.
- Sustainably made from post-consumer Recycled Plastic
- Stay-dry, moisture-wicking jersey to keep bub dry
- Narrow crotch for a superior fit
- Soft lined, inner double-gussets provides ultimate leak-proof protection
- Wide Back Elastics
- Tummy panel leak guard with elastics
- Pocket opening for easy setup
- Snap-in inserts
- This style is simple to set up
- Easy to wash
- Quick to fold
- Bamboo insert next to baby's skin
- Inserts tucked inside the cover
- Perfect for active toddlers
- Great for boosting absorbency at night
- Simple for childcare staff and grandparents to use
- Stay-dry inner next to baby's skin
Full Nappy Includes:
- Made 280GSM bamboo cotton, giving a huge absorbency total of 2,800GSM when folded.
- Insert is able to be folded along the length of the insert to use with babies of all shapes and sizes.
- Snake insert can be snapped into the shell to provide comfort and stability.
- Made from 360GSM hemp cotton, giving a total of 1,400GSM of extra protection.
- Hemp absorbs up to 20% of its own weight while still feeling dry to the touch.
- Snaps into snake insert or nappy shell for active babes.
You can choose to pop the inserts into the included pocket or simply have the inserts laying on top.
Inserts can be purchased separately here.
Features: front snaps, rise snaps, internal double gussets, tummy elastic
|suits from 3.5kg - 19kgs (or OSFM) approx|
|Cover||PUL with moisture-wicking jersey lining|
5 layer bamboo cotton snap in snake insert
|Insert 2||4 layer hemp cotton booster|
Your wash | dry routine is integral to maintaining the lifespan of your nappies and helps to keep your nappies in tip top condition.
Below is a generic outline only and we recommend that you follow the wash instructions specified by each brand and read all about what NOT to use on your cloth nappies!
Washing your new nappies? Read what to do here.
* Note: Some brands recommend rinsing all nappies as soon as they come off to help prevent the build-up of ammonia smell
* Night nappies tend to be the smelliest due to the higher concentration and quantity of urine they withhold. A thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent, in the morning, is recommended *(but here at TCS we do our daily prewash as soon as the morning nappies come off to avoid this step) *
*Removes bulk of soiling here to allow the main wash to be done in clean water.
*Most brands recommend a daily pre-wash on the nappies used within the last 24hrs
*A full load is recommended for the best agitation and clean. Pad out the load with tea towels or clothing if required.
*Most brands recommend a main wash every other day
* If you follow a good wash routine and wash at the correct temperatures, then barrier creams will wash out! More details here.
Detergent: Most of our stocked brands recommend a good quality main stream detergent. Here at TCS we alternate between OMO Ultimate, OMO Sensitive & Biozet Attack Regular Laundry Liquids.....whatever happens to be on sale at the time! Woolworths and Coles regularly offer half price sales on these brands so keep your eye out for the sales. Prefer a more natural solution? Then look no further than Kin Kin Eco Laundry liquid which is available here.