How it works
Our custom hire packages are the perfect way to find the perfect fit before you make a cloth commitment.
How it works:
* Select one or two or more than a few; create a hire package that works for you! New or used options available, just include a note on checkout if new nappies are your prerefence! New to cloth and have no idea what nappies to select for your hire stash? Then head on over to our Basic Cloth Info page for a run down of nappy styles, sizing, fabrics and a whole lot more. Then, if you are still overwhelmed with all the choice, check out our hire packages where we have put together a range of different packages to choose from!
Please note that print (pattern & colour) selection is not available on the hire stash at this point.
Please feel free to contact us if you are waiting for bub's arrival and would like to book a hire package for when bub arrives. Our newborn hire packages have the option to preorder a package, just make sure you add bub's due date to the order notes so that we can schedule it in!
Please note when hiring new nappies that most brands state that it will take 6-8 washes for your nappies to reach maximum absorbency. If you are using them after only one wash just be aware that you may need to change them more frequently.
* Our hire period runs for 3 weeks to allow you to get a proper feel for the nappies to determine if they work for you. Hire periods can be extended in 1 week blocks for as little or as long as you like. We will contact you to remind you that your hire period is coming to an end and to provide you with an option to extend.
* Buy the nappies you like at the end of the hire period and send back the ones you don’t. Let us know the ones you wish to keep and we will send you an invoice for payment....it's that simple! A post hire discount is included (amount varies depending on if nappy was previously new or used) and we minus the hire fee of that nappy. Handmade products do not have a post hire discount so that we can support our talented work at home makers as much as possible!
|Included in your hire package:|
|* The items | package you select|
|* 3 week hire period|
|* Care & fit instructions for each nappy in your hire package (if available)|
|* An itemised price list with the after-hire purchase price of the items in your package|
|* Contact with us via our email email@example.com. As we are all about finding the perfect fit, we are here to assist if you are finding it difficult to fit or prevent leaks during your hire period. Please note that this is not a consultation as we do not hold a degree in nappy fitting and leak prevention, however we do have a bit of cloth nappy experience and a few resources on hand to help point you in the right direction!|
|* The payment of a Security Bond is required up front. The security bond amount is calculated based on your custom hire package. The security bond will be double the amount you spend on hire products ....so if you spend $50 on hire nappies, we will send you a separate invoice for a $100 security bond.....easy! The security bond covers the complete replacement of the nappies if lost or permanently damaged to prevent The Cloth Stash from having to chase restoration payment for lost or damaged items in the future. A full refund of the Security Bond will be paid once we have received the returned nappies in the condition outlined in the Returning the hire pack section below. Having the security bond amount calculated on your custom hire package allows us to keep the upfront costs in line with the size & cost of your order all while covering our cloth butts from any financial loss due to damaged or lost items. Our hire packages have set bonds in place which are noted on the product page.* Discounts on hire stock do not apply to the security bond. The security bond will be calculated on the full price hire costs. ** The security bond may seem high, however most of our stock is currently brand new and this allows us to cover ourselves if they are lost, damaged or stolen. If your hire stash is predominantly in used condition we will reduce the security bond accordingly|
|* A complimentary discount on future purchases; our contribution to your stash! This discount is for you to use toward building your stash. Just touch base when you are ready to place your order and we will arrange the discount for you ***Excludes WAHM products (handmade products by Work At Home Makers). If you are still searching for the perfect fit select alternate items for sampling and hire again, we offer a 50% discount for second round hires!|
|What's not included in your hire package:|
|* Postage of your hire package from us to you. The Cloth Stash offers $10 flat rate shipping within Australia . Free package pick up is available from Holder (Weston Creek) ACT
*The cost of return postage can be daunting especially when considering hiring a larger package. We have provided an option to include return postage at our $10 flat rate. If selected we will pack an extra packing bag for the returning nappies and at the end of the hire period, we will email you a shipping label for printing. We ask that you provide the weight and dimension of the returning parcel prior to us arranging a return post label.
|* Return Postage & Packaging. Please see the Returning the hire pack section below for more details|
Please see our Shipping Policy for further details in regards to shipping.
Returning the hire pack:
* The 3 week (21 days) hire period commences on the day you receive your package and we receive a notification from the shipper informing us that your parcel has been delivered. Unwanted nappies must be return posted and we must receive a tracking number no later than 48hrs after your 21 day hire period has been completed. The Cloth Stash is not responsible for the returning package during transit. Return postage must include tracking and require a signature on delivery.
*If local, returned nappies can be placed inside one of our pick up lockers. Please contact us to coordinate a date for drop off so that we can ensure a locker is available for you
* Returning nappies must be washed & dried prior to return. Nappies that do not come back clean & dry and in the same condition as received will result in the loss of some or all of your security bond at our discretion. We will contact you to discuss prior to determining the extent of bond to be retained. Please remove all lint from fabrics and also from any velcro fastenings (a small comb or tweezers will help with this). If you are returning a Snappi, please ensure that it is carefully packaged and that the prongs are covered to avoid damage to any fabrics.
|The Cloth Stash: 35 Maclachlan Street Holder, ACT 2611|
* Used items will be thoroughly cleaned & sanitised prior to us posting them out to you (or pick-up).
* As we are all about finding you the perfect fit, our used nappies will be in excellent used condition to ensure that they are as close as possible to what you should expect from a brand new nappy (i.e. elastics will be tight, nappies will be stain free and the waterproof outer will be in excellent condition). Pilling to fabrics from normal washing may be evident; however this will not affect the integrity of the nappy.