Features of The Ultimate Nappies:
- Superior absorbency: This nappy comes with 1x 5-layer Hemp insert, 1x 5-layer Bamboo and 2x 3-layer Bamboo ("Nap") insert. Pair with extra inserts to get you through the Night!
- Customisable: Snap (or tuck) in as many or as few inserts as you like! If you're unsure about which ones to use, refer to Monarch's Absorbency Chart as a guide.
- Wipe & Reuse: With its wipeable interior, simply snap out the soiled insert, wipe down the shell* and snap in a clean insert and you've got yourself a new nappy! Cut down on laundry and save money on buying more nappies! If the shell is heavily soiled, we recommend washing before reusing to keep the shell in good condition and to prevent ammonia burns on bub's skin
- Larger Fit & Longer Wings: Monarch have increased the wing length to give you even longer wear out of your Ultimate nappies.
- Fits approx 4-18kg
- Double-gussets (leg elastics): Designed to accommodate lots of absorbency and provide an extra barrier against leaks and explosions.
PUL tummy and back flaps: Waterproof front and back flaps to keep the moisture from sitting against bub's stomach and back for extended periods of time.
- Please note that the back-flap elastic missing from the previous edition is back due to popular demand!
- Thick back elastic: Designed to prioritise your little one's comfort, the back elastic is made thicker than what is generally available.
- Choice of Snaps or Velcro closure: Something for everyone!
- Velcro: More user-friendly (more similar to disposables) and easier to adjust.
- Snaps: Easier to maintain (Velcro is prone to picking up fluff in the wash and looking worn).
Features: front snaps or velcro, rise snaps, hip snaps, double gussets, wipe down shell
***Please note that our hire stash is a mix of NEW & USED nappies
RRP $38.95 or $22.95 Shell Only
|suits 4 - 18kgs approx|
|Cover||PUL with no internal lining|
|Hemp Insert||5 layer hemp|
|Bamboo Insert||5 layer bamboo|
|Nap Booster x 2||3 layer bamboo|
Your wash | dry routine is integral to maintaining the lifespan of your nappies and helps to keep your nappies in tip top condition.
Below is a generic outline only and we recommend that you follow the wash instructions specified by each brand and read all about what NOT to use on your cloth nappies!
Washing your new nappies? Read what to do here.
* Note: Some brands recommend rinsing all nappies as soon as they come off to help prevent the build-up of ammonia smell
* Night nappies tend to be the smelliest due to the higher concentration and quantity of urine they withhold. A thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent, in the morning, is recommended *(but here at TCS we do our daily prewash as soon as the morning nappies come off to avoid this step) *
*Removes bulk of soiling here to allow the main wash to be done in clean water.
*Most brands recommend a daily pre-wash on the nappies used within the last 24hrs
*A full load is recommended for the best agitation and clean. Pad out the load with tea towels or clothing if required.
*Most brands recommend a main wash every other day
* If you follow a good wash routine and wash at the correct temperatures, then barrier creams will wash out! More details here.
Detergent: Most of our stocked brands recommend a good quality main stream detergent. Here at TCS we alternate between OMO Ultimate, OMO Sensitive & Biozet Attack Regular Laundry Liquids.....whatever happens to be on sale at the time! Woolworths and Coles regularly offer half price sales on these brands so keep your eye out for the sales. Prefer a more natural solution? Then look no further than Kin Kin Eco Laundry liquid which is available here.