NEW VERSION UPDATE: Please note that there are small changes to Cloth Bums' Pixie Pocket Nappy, see images for details.
- True birth to potty nappy fitting from 3kg to 20kg.
- Double inner leg gusset.
- Stay dry suede cloth inner.
- Thick back elastic
- Tummy leak panel for extra leakage protection
- Super soft elastics which are gentle against babies skin.
- Tummy elastic for an easy fit and containment.
- Snap at back of the pocket for insert set.
- Three rise and double waist snaps
- Large easy to stuff pocket with hidden insert flap & stud.
Inserts: You have two insert options to choose from with your Cloth Bums Pixie Nappy
- 450gsm Bamboo/Cotton.
- 6 Layers of thirsty inserts when folded in 3.
- Super soft to touch and fast drying.
- This option can be inserted in the pocket only.
or HEMP DUO
- Two contoured snap in inserts
- 1 x Longer Insert.
- 1 x Smaller Insert (New extended length)
- Inserts snap together and into the shell, absorbency is completely customisable for your baby. Use the small insert for a newborn, switch for the longer insert as they get older, or double them up for a heavier wetter or nights.
- Each insert consists of 2 outer lays of soft bamboo terry and 3 inner layers of hemp.
Between the two inserts that's a total of 10 LAYERS of absorbency.
Sizing: suits 3 - 20kgs approx
Shell: PUL with stay dry suede cloth lining
Trifold: 2 layers of 450gsm Bamboo/Cotton
Hemp Duo: 2 outer layers of soft bamboo terry and 3 inner layers of hemp
*This fabric for the Cloth Bums inserts is pre-washed before it is manufacture, meaning that the shrinkage and warping of materials is minimal.
Your wash | dry routine is integral to maintaining the lifespan of your nappies and helps to keep your nappies in tip top condition.
Below is a generic outline only and we recommend that you follow the wash instructions specified by each brand and read all about what NOT to use on your cloth nappies!
Washing your new nappies? Read what to do here.
* Note: Some brands recommend rinsing all nappies as soon as they come off to help prevent the build-up of ammonia smell
* Night nappies tend to be the smelliest due to the higher concentration and quantity of urine they withhold. A thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent, in the morning, is recommended *(but here at TCS we do our daily prewash as soon as the morning nappies come off to avoid this step) *
*Removes bulk of soiling here to allow the main wash to be done in clean water.
*Most brands recommend a daily pre-wash on the nappies used within the last 24hrs
*A full load is recommended for the best agitation and clean. Pad out the load with tea towels or clothing if required.
*Most brands recommend a main wash every other day
* If you follow a good wash routine and wash at the correct temperatures, then barrier creams will wash out! More details here.
Detergent: Most of our stocked brands recommend a good quality main stream detergent. Here at TCS we alternate between OMO Ultimate, OMO Sensitive & Biozet Attack Regular Laundry Liquids.....whatever happens to be on sale at the time! Woolworths and Coles regularly offer half price sales on these brands so keep your eye out for the sales. Prefer a more natural solution? Then look no further than Kin Kin Eco Laundry liquid which is available here.