Looking for a customisable newborn cloth nappy solution that is easy to use, easy to wash and easy to dry? Preflats make a great option for containing everything and are super stretchy and customisable to fit skinny legs and chunky thighs.
Hot Tip: We LOVE LOVE LOVE using these in our Junior Tribe Co Newborn Nappies. These covers are amazing and the booster from the nappy is the perfect addition for longer naps or nights.
The prefold can be fastened in place with a nappy fastener of your choice. We stock Snappi fasteners, available for purchase here.
Wanting to create a stay dry layer next to your babies skin? Simply add a microfleece liner in the middle section of the fabric, this will also ensure any poo is easily cleaned.
- 2 layers of super absorbent and soft fabric making it the perfect newborn solution.
- Preflats are designed to make nappies easy to use, simply fold in the two outer panels and fold up to secure to your baby with a Snappi or nappy pin & nappy cover over
- Due to the small amount of spandex in the fabric this makes for an easy fit which is gentle around the waist and legs.
Size: suits 2kg to 8kg+ approx | 54cm x 44cm approx
Materials: 2 x layers of 300gsm (per layer) Cotton | Spandex. As these are made from natural fibres there will be a small amount of shrinkage in the material.
NOTE: The fabric of the preflats is mainly cotton which, unfortunately, like synthetic materials is more likely to fade from extended sun exposure or baby poo, this is more common with babies with poo with a high acidity - this is effected by teething, or diet. This will not effect the use of the preflat, using a microfleece liner or rinsing straight away will avoid any fading.
Your wash | dry routine is integral to maintaining the lifespan of your nappies and helps to keep your nappies in tip top condition.
Below is a generic outline only and we recommend that you follow the wash instructions specified by each brand and read all about what NOT to use on your cloth nappies!
Washing your new nappies? Read what to do here.
* Note: Some brands recommend rinsing all nappies as soon as they come off to help prevent the build-up of ammonia smell
* Night nappies tend to be the smelliest due to the higher concentration and quantity of urine they withhold. A thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent, in the morning, is recommended *(but here at TCS we do our daily prewash as soon as the morning nappies come off to avoid this step) *
*Removes bulk of soiling here to allow the main wash to be done in clean water.
*Most brands recommend a daily pre-wash on the nappies used within the last 24hrs
*A full load is recommended for the best agitation and clean. Pad out the load with tea towels or clothing if required.
*Most brands recommend a main wash every other day
* If you follow a good wash routine and wash at the correct temperatures, then barrier creams will wash out! More details here.
Detergent: Most of our stocked brands recommend a good quality main stream detergent. Here at TCS we alternate between OMO Ultimate, OMO Sensitive & Biozet Attack Regular Laundry Liquids.....whatever happens to be on sale at the time! Woolworths and Coles regularly offer half price sales on these brands so keep your eye out for the sales. Prefer a more natural solution? Then look no further than Kin Kin Eco Laundry liquid which is available here.