Why we love the Fudgey TRIMS™ pocket nappy.....
Looking for a trim fit nappy that is fast-drying in an easy pocket nappy style?
Fudgey TRIMS™ bring a new simple cloth nappy to the table, custom refined with fewer rise snaps and fewer hip snaps for faster fitting on those wriggly babies.
Fudgey TRIMS™ reusable nappies come with the following features:
- A double row of snaps (Closer together for a finer adjustment)
- 3 snaps on the wings
- Cross over snaps that allow OSFM fit from 3kg
- Additional length in the wings and an extra set of waist snaps to fit up to 22kg
- An outer layer of breathable, waterproof polyurethane laminated polyester (PUL) keeps wetness contained
- Front pocket opening to avoid misalignment of the back pocket and to keep your hand away from the poo explosions when removing the insert
- Double gusset to help prevent leaks and contain explosions
- PUL tummy + stay dry covering the pocket sewn into place to ensure a secure fit
- Great for both skinny and chunky leg babies
They come with an exclusive folding 4 layer bamboo SNAKER insert to remove the bulk, one insert required only that can fold how you like to keep the absorbency in the areas you need. More absorbency required in the front for boys flip the whole insert.
- Shaped for extra absorbency at the back
- Widening in the middle for when you fold in half keeping additional absorbency at the front.
- Doubles in half for up to 8 layers of absorbency where you need it
These are perfect for day time nappies or daycare nappies as a simple solution.
Comes in all our usual designer prints, these will be your new best reusable trim nappy.
Features: front snaps, rise snaps, hip snaps, single entry pocket (at front), double gussets (in the shell lining)
|suits 3kgs - 22kgs approx
|Cover||PUL cover with stay dry lining|
|Snaker Insert Set||4 x layers of bamboo|
|Hemp | Bamboo Blend Insert Set||2 x outer layers of hemp + 2 inner layers of bamboo terry|
Your wash/dry routine is integral to maintaining the lifespan of your nappies. Below is a generic outline only and we recommend that you follow the wash instructions specified by each brand (links included below)
STEP 1: Remove solids. Plonk straight into the toilet (or other method of your choosing) then rinse under HOT water.
Skip this step for pee nappies!
Pre-treat stains if required
* Note: Some brands recommend rinsing all nappies as soon as they come off to help prevent the build-up of ammonia smell
* Night nappies tend to be the smelliest due to the higher concentration and quantity of urine they withhold. A thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent, in the morning, is recommended *(but here at TCS we do our daily prewash as soon as the morning nappies come off to avoid this step) *
|STEP 2 : Dry pail. Use a storage solution with holes for aeration. The better the ventilation flow around your soiled nappies the less your nappies will smell (crazy right!). Also helps to keep your nappies in tip top condition.|
STEP 3: Pre-wash. Use a short cycle with half of the amount of recommended detergent for a heavy soiled load.
*removes bulk of soiling here to allow the main wash to be done in clean water
*most brands recommend a daily pre-wash on the nappies used within the last 24hrs
STEP 4: Main Wash. Use the longest cycle on your machine with the full amount of recommended detergent for a heavy soiled load. Water temp up to 60°C
*most brands recommend a main wash every other day
Detergent: Most of our stocked brands recommend a good quality main stream detergent
Spin cycles: Do not spin over 800rpm
|Line Dry: The most eco friendly & economical option is to line dry. Consider how the nappies are hung to prevent elastics from stretching, most brands recommend hanging horizontally length wise across the line. Hang covers/ shells in the shade or indoors|
|Dryer: A dryer can be used on the lowest setting for covers/ shells|
|* Wait until the covers/ shells are cold before stretching elastics|
|* Note that the lifespan of your nappy may be reduced with extensive exposure to the dryer. If possible use the dryer for inserts, prefolds and fitteds only and line dry the covers/ shells|
|WASHING NEW NAPPIES|
|STEP 1: Soak. Soak the absorbent components of your new nappies overnight to increase their absorbency.|
|STEP 2: Wash. Wash all nappy components at least once in warm water prior to use|
|* Most brands state that it will take 6-8 washes for your nappies to reach maximum absorbency. If you are using them after only one wash just be aware that you may need to change them more frequently|
|USING BARRIER CREAMS|
|Barrier creams should wash out in hot water with good quality detergent, however using a liner (disposable or re-usable) is a good idea to prevent build up on the nappy. Barrier cream, like fabric softener coats the nappy fabric causing them to repel rather than absorb|
|STAIN REMOVERS/ WASH AIDS|
|* The use of chlorine bleach may void the manufacturer's warranty if used incorrectly. Check each manufacturer's advice prior to using bleach as some advise against it|
|* Most suppliers state that stain removers such as Napisan/ Vanish may be used as a stain treatment prior to wash or used in the wash as long as you use the stain remover as per the product's instructions|
|WHAT NOT TO USE ON YOUR NAPPIES|
|Fabric Softener. Fabric softener coats the fibres of the fabric causing them to repel rather than absorb|
|Vinegar. Vinegar may breakdown components of your nappy|
|WASH INSTRUCTIONS BY BRAND|
|***You could void your warranty through incorrect care. Please see manufacturer's wash instructions for further details ***|
|Junior Tribe Co|
|Little Aussie Monster|
|Mimi & Co|
|Ziggy Rose Designs|