- ALCMENA 3 in 1 Convertible Nappy Bag
ALCMENA 3 in 1 Convertible Nappy Bag
Hurry! Only 0 Left in Stock!
Stylish yet practical with TONNES of storage space! These nappy bags have been designed to make it quicker and easier to find things in your nappy bag! This bag will fit 6x cloth nappies (minimum), change mat, wet bags, snacks, change of clothes, extra shoes, 2x drink bottles, keys and phone and SO MUCH MORE!
Why we love it:
* Padded backpack straps and shoulder pad on the cross-body strap to make longer trips comfortable and free up your arms/hands for your bubs
* Adjustable and detachable cross-body strap
* 3 ways to wear it: Backpack/ cross-body back/ shoulder bag
* USB charging port - keep your phone handy, with your power bank stored securely inside the bag
* Pockets, pockets and pockets!
- Two elasticised side-pockets so your drink bottles are easy to access
- Dual-zipper front compartment with two pockets to organise and separate your keys, phones, cards and other bits and pieces
- A laptop/change mat compartment with a vegan leather flap to secure it
- 2x elasticised pockets on each side of the main compartment for baby bottles/formula
- 2x additional elasticised inner pockets for storing wipes, snacks or a spare change of clothes for easy access
- 1x zippered pocket in the main compartment for storing valuables
- Back-side pocket perfect for storing a change mat
* Bag 'feet' to protect the bottom of your bag when you need to place it down
* Premium and durable hardware to ensure your bag lasts you for many years, beyond children!
Photo Credits: Virtual Memories Photography
|37cm wide x 16cm deep x 30cm high|
|Vegan leather - still wipeable and water-resistant, but sustainable!
Your wash/dry routine is integral to maintaining the lifespan of your nappies. Below is a generic outline only and we recommend that you follow the wash instructions specified by each brand (links included below)
STEP 1: Remove solids. Plonk straight into the toilet (or other method of your choosing) then rinse under HOT water.
Skip this step for pee nappies!
Pre-treat stains if required
* Note: Some brands recommend rinsing all nappies as soon as they come off to help prevent the build-up of ammonia smell
* Night nappies tend to be the smelliest due to the higher concentration and quantity of urine they withhold. A thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent, in the morning, is recommended *(but here at TCS we do our daily prewash as soon as the morning nappies come off to avoid this step) *
|STEP 2 : Dry pail. Use a storage solution with holes for aeration. The better the ventilation flow around your soiled nappies the less your nappies will smell (crazy right!). Also helps to keep your nappies in tip top condition.|
STEP 3: Pre-wash. Use a short cycle with half of the amount of recommended detergent for a heavy soiled load.
*removes bulk of soiling here to allow the main wash to be done in clean water
*most brands recommend a daily pre-wash on the nappies used within the last 24hrs
STEP 4: Main Wash. Use the longest cycle on your machine with the full amount of recommended detergent for a heavy soiled load. Water temp up to 60°C
*most brands recommend a main wash every other day
Detergent: Most of our stocked brands recommend a good quality main stream detergent
Spin cycles: Do not spin over 800rpm
|Line Dry: The most eco friendly & economical option is to line dry. Consider how the nappies are hung to prevent elastics from stretching, most brands recommend hanging horizontally length wise across the line. Hang covers/ shells in the shade or indoors|
|Dryer: A dryer can be used on the lowest setting for covers/ shells|
|* Wait until the covers/ shells are cold before stretching elastics|
|* Note that the lifespan of your nappy may be reduced with extensive exposure to the dryer. If possible use the dryer for inserts, prefolds and fitteds only and line dry the covers/ shells|
|WASHING NEW NAPPIES|
|STEP 1: Soak. Soak the absorbent components of your new nappies overnight to increase their absorbency.|
|STEP 2: Wash. Wash all nappy components at least once in warm water prior to use|
|* Most brands state that it will take 6-8 washes for your nappies to reach maximum absorbency. If you are using them after only one wash just be aware that you may need to change them more frequently|
|USING BARRIER CREAMS|
|Barrier creams should wash out in hot water with good quality detergent, however using a liner (disposable or re-usable) is a good idea to prevent build up on the nappy. Barrier cream, like fabric softener coats the nappy fabric causing them to repel rather than absorb|
|STAIN REMOVERS/ WASH AIDS|
|* The use of chlorine bleach may void the manufacturer's warranty if used incorrectly. Check each manufacturer's advice prior to using bleach as some advise against it|
|* Most suppliers state that stain removers such as Napisan/ Vanish may be used as a stain treatment prior to wash or used in the wash as long as you use the stain remover as per the product's instructions|
|WHAT NOT TO USE ON YOUR NAPPIES|
|Fabric Softener. Fabric softener coats the fibres of the fabric causing them to repel rather than absorb|
|Vinegar. Vinegar may breakdown components of your nappy|
|WASH INSTRUCTIONS BY BRAND|
|***You could void your warranty through incorrect care. Please see manufacturer's wash instructions for further details ***|
|Bottoms Up Junior|
|Little Aussie Monster|